Centers And Squares
Welcome to Centers and Squares
As a Cambridge real estate agent, the city squares of Cambridge, Somerville and Medford and the town centers of Arlington, Watertown and Belmont, Massachusetts are my home turf. And as a lifelong New Englander who’s lived within twenty miles of Boston most of my life, I can introduce you to other nearby towns as we search for your new home. If you’re planning to sell your home in Cambridge, MA or nearby you’ll find plenty of info about the home selling process here too. Questions? Send me an email or call me at 617-504-1737.
The Glass Factory at 169 Monsignor O’Brien Highway in Cambridge is an eight-story building with 104 condos. The condos were renovated in 2004 when the building was converted from apartments. There are two-room studios, one and two-bedroom condos.
While the name suggests that the building was used as a factory of some sort I haven’t been able to document that. Records show that the building was originally an office building built in 1925, owned by the Boston and Maine Railroad. I’d love to learn about the factory connection if anybody knows the scoop.
The Glass Factory is in East Cambridge near the Lechmere T station and very close to downtown Boston. The Cambridgeside Galleria mall, the Charles River, and the Museum of Science are nearby.
Residents have created on online forum for the building.
Glass Factory Cambridge Condos Feature
- Elevator building
- Central air conditioning
- Huge windows
- Concierge service
- Business Center
- Club room
- Media Room
- Fitness Center with Nautilus exercise equipment
- Some condos have garage or outdoor parking
- Some condos have in-unit laundry
- Heat and hot water included in the condo fee
- Pets allowed with restrictions
Recent Glass Factory Cambridge Sales – 169 Monsignor O’Brien Highway
- A two room studio without parking sold for $241,000 in Dec. 2009
- A one-bedroom condo without parking sold for $298,000 in Jan. 2009
- Several two-bedroom, two-bath condos with garage or outdoor parking have sold in the last year. Several were foreclosed or short sale units. Sale prices ranged from $350,000 to $475,000
If condos are available in the building they’ll appear below. Click on the small photo for more information and additional photgraphs.
The Glass Factory Condominiums are located at 169 Monsignor O’Brien Highway, Cambridge, MA 02141