Welcome to Centers and Squares
As a Cambridge real estate agent, the city squares of Cambridge, Somerville and Medford and the town centers of Arlington, Watertown and Belmont, Massachusetts are my home turf. And as a lifelong New Englander who’s lived within twenty miles of Boston most of my life, I can introduce you to other nearby towns as we search for your new home. If you’re planning to sell your home in Cambridge, MA or nearby you’ll find plenty of info about the home selling process here too. Questions? Send me an email or call me at 617-504-1737.
Wondering how real estate is doing in Belmont MA this year? Let’s take a look at real estate market activity in Belmont with sales figures for the first three quarters of 2012.
The numbers for January – September 2011 are in parentheses for comparison.
On September 30, 2012, 70 properties were listed for sale in Belmont. That’s significantly fewer than were available for sale one year before when 90 properties were on the market.
While in the Belmont real estate market as a whole the median price was down over last year that’s only a reflection of the mix of properties sold. When you look at properties by type you see that the median price was up in each category and was up significantly for single family houses and condominiums.
The condo market in Belmont was much busier in 2012 with 101 condos sold in the first three quarters compared to 69 in the same period last year. The median price was way up and days on market was down.
Residential Real Estate Sold in Belmont – Jan-Sept 2012 (2011)
- 254 properties sold (214)
- Average days on market = 64 (63)
- Properties sold for an average of 99% of asking price (98%)
- Median price of $643,000 ($652,500)
Belmont Single Family Sales – Jan-Sept 2012 (2011)
- Total sold: 127 (118 )
- Sale prices ranged from $450,000 – $2,900,000 ($400,000 – $2,675,000)
- Median price: $749,00 ($700,500)
- Average days on market: 59 (48)
- On average, houses sold for 99% of asking price (98% )
Belmont Condo Sales – Jan-Sept 2012 (2011)
- Total sold: 101 (69)
- Sale prices ranged from $160,000 – $1,215,000 ($145,000 - $1,337,500)
- Median price: $512,000 ($385,000)
- Average days on market: 76 (95)
- On average, condos sold for 99% of asking price (98%)
Belmont Multi-Family Sales – Jan-Oct 2012 (2011)
- Total sold: 26 (27)
- Sale prices ranged from $435,000 – $975,000 ($395,000 – $760,000)
- Median price: $575,750 ($565,000)
- Average days on market: 36 (42)
- On average, multi-unit houses sold for 99% of asking price (98% )
Info about the Belmont MA real estate market in 2012 (2011) from MLSpin