Welcome to Centers and Squares
As a Cambridge real estate agent, the city squares of Cambridge, Somerville and Medford and the town centers of Arlington, Watertown and Belmont, Massachusetts are my home turf. And as a lifelong New Englander who’s lived within twenty miles of Boston most of my life, I can introduce you to other nearby towns as we search for your new home. If you’re planning to sell your home in Cambridge, MA or nearby you’ll find plenty of info about the home selling process here too. Questions? Send me an email or call me at 617-504-1737.
Here’s the Arlington MA real estate market review for the first three quarters of 2012 with a look at real estate sale from January through September 2012.
The numbers for the same period in 2011 are in parentheses.
Condo sales held steady in Arlington while there was an increase in numbers of single family houses and multi-families sold this year.
Like other nearby towns, the inventory of properties for sale is way down in Arlington. On September 30, 2012 85 residential properties were listed for sale in Arlington. That’s a huge drop in inventory levels from last year at this time when 135 residential properties were on the market.
Residential real estate sold in Arlington – Jan-Sept 2012 (2011)
- 438 properties sold (387)
- Average days on market = 52 (63)
- Properties sold for an average of 99% of asking price (98%)
- Median price of $465,000 ($472,900)
Arlington Single Family Sales – Jan-Sept 2012 (2011)
- Total sold: 236 (198)
- Sale prices ranged from $265,000 – $1,425,000 ($243,000 – $1,075,000)
- Median price: $522,250 ($526,500)
- Average days on market: 42 (62)
- On average, houses sold for 99% of asking price (98% )
Arlington Condo Sales – Jan-Sept 2012 (2011)
- Total sold: 172 (170)
- Sale prices ranged from $100,000 – $795,000 ($84,000 - $759,000)
- Median price: $367,250 ($359,650)
- Average days on market: 62 (66)
- On average, condos sold for 99% of asking price (98%)
Arlington Multi-Family Sales – Jan-Sept 2012 (2011)
- Total sold: 30 (19)
- Sale prices ranged from $395,000 – $1,350,000 ($325,000 – $660,000)
- Median price: $549,500 ($550,000)
- Average days on market: 74 (61)
- On average, multi-unit houses sold for 98% of asking price (97% )
Info about Arlington MA real estate market in 2012 (2011) from MLSpin