Welcome to Centers and Squares
As a Cambridge real estate agent, the city squares of Cambridge, Somerville and Medford and the town centers of Arlington, Watertown and Belmont, Massachusetts are my home turf. And as a lifelong New Englander who’s lived within twenty miles of Boston most of my life, I can introduce you to other nearby towns as we search for your new home. If you’re planning to sell your home in Cambridge, MA or nearby you’ll find plenty of info about the home selling process here too. Questions? Send me an email or call me at 617-504-1737.
Before we pause for the holidays let’s take a look back and see how the Arlington MA real estate market is doing. Here’s a review of Arlington MA real estate market activity for January through October 2011.
The numbers for the same period in 2010 are in parentheses.
Arlington real estate activity in 2o11 looks a lot like the market in 2010: houses and condos took longer to sell but the median price for Arlington real estate barely budged and the number of properties sold declined by less than 2%.
On October 31, 2011 121 properties were listed for sale in Arlington. That’s a big drop in inventory levels from last year at this time when 165 residential properties were on the market.
Residential real estate sold in Arlington – Jan-Oct 2011 (2010)
- 419 properties sold (427)
- Average days on market = 64 (53)
- Properties sold for an average of 98% of asking price (98%)
- Median price of $470,000 ($470,500)
Arlington Single Family Sales – Jan-Oct 2011 (2010)
- Total sold: 217 (224 )
- Sale prices ranged from $243,000 – $1,250,000 ($244,899 - $1,220,000)
- Median price: $520,000 ($507,100)
- Average days on market: 63 (48)
- On average, houses sold for 98% of asking price (99% )
Arlington Condo Sales – Jan-Oct 2011 (2010)
- Total sold: 179 (172)
- Sale prices ranged from $84,000 – $759,000 ($120,000 - $807,000)
- Median price: $357,000 ($375,500)
- Average days on market: 65 (58)
- On average, condos sold for 98% of asking price (98%)
Arlington Multi-Family Sales – Jan-Oct 2011 (2010)
- Total sold: 23 (31)
- Sale prices ranged from $325,000 – $660,000 ($338,000 – $855,000)
- Median price: $552,000 ($585,000)
- Average days on market: 58 (57)
- On average, multi-unit houses sold for 97% of asking price (98% )
Info about Arlington MA real estate market in 2011 (2010) from MLSpin